- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, very finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp spice mix, depending on the heat you require
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 200 chicken stock, approx
- small handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Marinate the chicken into bite-size pieces and mix with the lime juice, vinegar and salt and leave for 20 minutes
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the spices and cook for a minute or two to release their lovely spice flavour and aroma.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for a further 6-7 minutes until softened and becoming golden.
- Add the chicken and fry for 3-4 minutes until it has become opaque in colour. Stir in the tomatoes and paste and cook for a couple of minutes before adding the coconut and a little stock.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cover with a lid and leave to simmer gently for about 20-30 minutes.
- Once cooked, stir in the chopped coriander.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket