- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 tbsp table salt
- 2 tsp gochugaru dried chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic, very finely crushed
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Cut the cucumber in half, then split it horizontally.
- Remove the seeds with a teaspoon and discard.
- Slice into ½ cm slices.
- Place in a bowl, add the salt, and really mix well, then leave at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, gently squeeze out the water and salt but still, keep the shape.
- Place onto a kitchen towel, cover with a second sheet, and pat hard to get more moisture out.
- Once done, add the cucumber to a bowl, add the pickle ingredients and mix well.
- Leave covered at room temperature for at least an hour or in the fridge for a few days.
- The longer it marinates, the less crunchy the cucumber will become.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket