- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 tbsp table salt
- 2 tsp gochugaru dried chilli flakes
- 1 garlic clove, very finely crushed
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Cut the cucumber in half, then split horizontally.
- Remove the seeds with a teaspoon and discard.
- Slice into ½ cm slices.
- Place in a bowl, add the salt and mix really well. Then leave at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, gently squeeze out the water and salt but still keeping the shape.
- Place onto kitchen towel, and cover with a second sheet. Pat hard to get more moisture out.
- Once done. Add the cucumber to a bowl with the pickle ingredients, mix well.
- Leave covered at room temperature for at least an hour. Or in the fridge for a few days.
- The longer it marinates, the less crunchy the cucumber will become.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket