- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 pinches dried chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 Atlantic wild prawns, peeled and de veined
- 8 Padron peppers
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 20 g palm sugar
- juice 2 limes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion, chilli, garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the prawns, peppers, paprika and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the palm sugar, lime juice, salt and pepper, continue to cook over high heat.
- Taste the sauce and adjust if you think you have to. It should have a nice balance of sweet and sour.
- Serve on thin toasted sourdough bread
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket