- 150 g caster sugar
- 200 ml water
- 1 large bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 150 g Bird’s instant custard, 2 x 75g packets
- 350 g finely chopped white chocolate
- finely grated zest 2 oranges
- 12 trifle sponges
- 4 tbsp strawberry jam, Little Scarlet
- 150 ml Pimm’s
- 250 g fresh ripe strawberries, sliced
- 750 mls double cream, lightly whipped with a little icing sugar and vanilla extract
- 6 strawberries, halved
- 150 g white chocolate, grated
- Boil the water and sugar together until thick, then cool.
- Once cooled, add lots of fresh mint and blitz with a hand blender until you have a thick mint syrup.
- Make up the custard to makers instructions (using half boiling water and half warm Pimm's), then once thickened, whisk in the white chocolate and mix well until melted, finally add the orange zest.
- Slice the sponges in half horizontally and spread evenly with the strawberry jam.
- Replace the top, then cut into small cubes and place half in the bottom of a large bowl, then sprinkle with Pimm’s
- Sprinkle over half the strawberry pieces and cover with half the custard/chocolate mix.
- Add the rest of the sponge, then the rest of the strawberries, then top with the rest of the custard.
- Chill really well; best really overnight.
- When ready to serve, whip the double cream, icing sugar, vanilla together, do not overwhip.
- Pile into the set trifle.
- Sprinkle with plenty of grated chocolate and decorate with piped rosettes of cream, halved strawberries and at the last moment, spoon over the fresh mint syrup.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket