For the glaze:
- 400 g pineapple jam
- 350 g soft brown sugar
- 4 tbsp chilli jam
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 50 ml tamarind
- 150 ml orange juice
- 4 limes, juice and finely grated zest
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 100 ml white wine vinegar
For the ham:
- 3½ kg cooked ham
- 10 pineapple rings, from a tin
- glace cherries
For the traybake bubble and squeak:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200 g cooked sprouts, roughly chopped
- 200 g spring onions roughly chopped
- 300 g mash, frozen and defrosted is fine
- 200 g chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 200 g roast potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 medium egg
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fried eggs, to serve (optional)
- To make the glaze, place all the ingredients in a pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for approximately 10 minutes until thickened.
- Meanwhile, prepare the ham - preheat the oven to 200C, fan 180, gas 6. Using a sharp knife, make slashes on the surface of the ham to make squares about the same size as the pineapple rings. Place on a large baking sheet.
- Place a pineapple ring in the centre of each square, then use a cocktail stick to fix a glace cherry in the middle of each pineapple ring.
- Brush a third of the thickened glaze over the ham, then cook in the oven for 40-50 minutes - after the first 20 minutes, reglaze with half the remaining glaze.
- To make the bubble and squeak, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the sprouts and cook until golden brown on the edges and most of the moisture has been cooked off. Tip into a bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix well, then pack into a deep 20cm square baking tray lined with baking parchment
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until well coloured. Cut into squares.
- Place a piece of bubble and squeak on a plate. Add some sliced ham, then sit a fried egg on top. Serve with the remaining glaze.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket