- 5 leaves gelatine, approx 8g
- 75 ml pomegranate juice
- 125 ml cold water
- 85 g caster sugar
- 600 ml pink Champagne, or other sparkling wine
- 1 pomegranate, just the seeds
- 275 ml whipped double cream, approximately
- 4 cocktail cherries
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes to soften
- Meanwhile, pour the pomegranate juice and 125ml water into a pan with the sugar and gently heat until the sugar has melted.
- Squeeze the excess water out of the soaked gelatine, add the gelatine to the warm water and juice. Melt slowly over very low heat until the gelatine has dissolved, but do not allow to boil.
- Add the Champagne and stir well to mix thoroughly. If the liquid has a froth on the top, leave it to stand for a few minutes.
- Divide the mixture between 4 - 6 Champagne glasses and chill well overnight to set
- To serve the next day, decorate with pomegranate seeds, whipped cream and cherries.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket