These Indian sweets look really impressive decorated with gold leaf ... great for celebrating Diwali with friends.
- 200 g milk powder
- 150 ml carton double cream
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 55 g pistachio nuts, chopped
- 397 g Carnation Condensed Milk
- 100 g dark chocolate, melted to finish
- gold or silver leaf
- Mix the milk powder and double cream in a bowl until it forms a thick and crumbly paste.
- Heat the butter or ghee over low heat for a couple of minutes, stir in the nutmeg and pistachio and toast for a few minutes.
- Add the cream mixture and the condensed milk; the mixture will be solid to start with and will soften as you continue to heat it. Keep stirring until the mixture starts to come away from the sides.
- Pour into a non-stick tray and spread to a 2cm thickness. Spread over the melted chocolate and decorate with gold or silver leaf.
- Allow to cool and then cut into square shapes.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket