- 8 Cumberland sausages
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 prunes, stoned and very finely chopped
- olive oil, for cooking
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 2 spring onions, finely shredded
- 3 tbsp carrot, very finely sliced matchsticks
- 0.25 small hard cabbage finely shredded
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp any vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 4 pitta breads, sliced open
- Place the spring onions, carrot, cabbage, sesame seeds, vinegar and olive oil. Mix well to combine, season well, leave for 10 minutes to soften slightly, then add the herbs.
- Mix well to combine, season well, leave for 10 minutes to soften slightly, then add the herbs.
- Split the skin on each of the sausages and place the meat into a bowl.
- Add the spring onions, thyme, and prunes mix well.
- Mix using your hands and then shape into 8 even-sized patties, nice and thin.
- Add a thin film of olive oil to the heated frying pan and then quickly sear the patties on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the patties 2 each in the open pitta bread, then top with the salad and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket