Dairy, egg, gluten and wheat-free, this recipe makes a crust with a great open bread texture.
- 45 g brown rice flour
- 45 g white rice flour
- 80 g potato starch
- 40 g tapioca flour/starch
- 40 g cornflour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum, (level)
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 7 g fast-acting dried yeast
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil, plus 2 tsp for brushing the top
- Line a baking tray with non-stick parchment paper.
- To a medium bowl, add the flours, xanthan gum, salt, sugar and yeast, then mix so that they are evenly combined.
- Add the vinegar and oil into the flour mixture, together with 200ml warm (not too hot) water. Beat on low (a hand mixer is ne), to start mixing, and then on high for about 3 minutes to form a soft, smooth and sticky dough, scraping the mixture down a couple of times.
- Turn the dough out onto the parchment and spread out into a round with a spatula, keeping it to an even 5mm thickness and building up the edges slightly. Dot the top with an additional 2 teaspoons oil, and leave to rest for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Bake the base for 10-15 minutes until cooked but still a little pale. Remove from the oven. At this stage, you can cool and freeze the part-baked pizza base, ready to use when you're short of time. Defrost and bring to room temperature before baking with your choice of topping.
- Spread the pizza base with sauce and toppings. Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until the base is brown and topping bubbling.
- Eat straight away.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket