- 110 soft salted butter
- 110 g soft brown sugar
- 110 g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100 g ground almonds
- 2 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 120 g caster sugar
- 2 large lemons, juice
- 6 plums, halved, stone removed
- 250 g fresh blackberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the flour and the baking powder, mixing well.
- Stir in the almonds. Then gradually add the beaten eggs to form a cake batter. Do not over mix, or the sponge will be chewy.
- Heat a medium non-stick oven-proof frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the sugar, and allow to begin to caramelise, then add the lemon juice.
- Add the plums cut side up and sprinkle over the blackberries.
- Immediately spoon the cake batter evenly over the plums and blackberries.
- Place the pan into the hot oven cook for 10-12 minutes, or until golden and well risen.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and place a large plate on top. Invert quickly and safely. Leave to cool for 15 mins before cutting and eating.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or thick pouring cream.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket