Fish and fruit are a delicious but unusual combination. A mouthwatering mix of sweet and savoury, you will find the raisins really complement the tasty sea bream.
- 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 400 (2 glasses) Collezione Italiana white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 75 g raisins
- 2 pots of fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 whole sea bream (defrosted)
- 1 glass of water
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C, gas 7.
- Heat half the olive oil in a large saucepan, and then add the onions and paprika.
- Cook over a gentle heat until slightly softened with a little colour.
- Add the cauliflower florets, coat well in the onions, oil and paprika.
- Add the stock cube, wine, pepper, touch of salt and the raisins. Mix really well.
- Bring to the boil, turn down the heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower is soft but not overcooked.
- Once cooked, add the parsley, re-check the seasoning and adjust if needed, then keep warm.
- Meanwhile, spread the other half of the oil over a baking dish or tray and place it on the four fish.
- Add the water, season well with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil, pop into the oven, cook for 12-15 minutes until just cooked. Don't overcook.
- Once cooked, place the fish on a warm plate, spoon over some cooking juices and serve with the warm cauliflower salad.
- Enjoy with a glass of chilled white wine, perfect.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket