A delicious and interesting way to eat Pheasant.
- 2 medium pheasant breasts, skinned
- 2 medium free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp Carnation Condensed Milk
- 2 tbsp cold water
- freshly milled black pepper
- pinch dried chilli powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 4 tbsp cornflour, fine ground cornmeal or polenta (ensure it is gluten free corn flour)
For Dipping Sauce
- 350 shop bought mayonnaise
- 2 tsp fresh chilli roughly chopped
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- juice and zest 1 large lime
- 2 large spring onions, roughly chopped
- 4 tsp gherkins, chopped
- 3 tbsp tarragon, chopped
- 100 g roasted red pepper (jarred are fine), finely chopped
- 4 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 tsp sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fill a medium frying pan with 2cm of rapeseed oil, then heat to roughly 175C.
- Cut the pheasant into 2cm cubes, removing any sinew from the fillet and inner breast.
- Next, mix the condensed milk with the water and eggs, then season well with the chilli powder, cumin and black pepper, then really mix well.
- Dust the meat with the cornflour, then place into the egg mixture, coat well.
- Then drop the small nuggets into the polenta and really coat well.
- Whilst the oil is heating, mix all the ingredients for the dipping sauce, place them all in a bowl and mix.
- Fry the pheasant in small batches until golden brown, probably 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain well, then sprinkle with a little salt
- Serve hot with the dipping sauce separately.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket