A nice easy soup that will freeze easily and can be made well in advance.
- 200 g chicken thigh mince
- 200 g pork mince
- 2 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 1 tbsp oregano, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- few leaves lovage, chopped
- ground pepper
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika, level
- 1 egg
- 8 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp any oil
- 2 medium onions, very finely chopped
- 150 g beans, sliced
- 2 small courgettes, finely chopped
- 500 g passata, warmed
- 200 ml boiling water, approx.
- 2 chicken oxo cubes
- 200 g Cavolo Nero, sliced
- 200 g chard, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Place the mince in a bowl with the garlic, herbs, salt, pepper, paprika, egg and breadcrumbs.
- Mix really well, form into balls the size of a walnut, and flatten slightly.
- Next, heat the oil and soften the onions for 5 minutes. Spoon into the bottom of an ovenproof pan.
- Add a little more oil to the onion pan and lightly seal the meatballs.
- Place the beans and courgettes on top of the onions, then place the sealed meatballs on top.
- Pour over the warmed passata and boiling water.
- Sprinkle over the stock cubes and salt and pepper and mix lightly.
- Heat the pan, and when bubbling, cover it with a tight-fitting lid.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add the Cavolo Nero and chard, and cook for 20 minutes or until they are just cooked.
- Serve with flatbread.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket