- 4 medium pork chops, rind on, but nicked every 1cm
- 2 tbsp table salt, level
- 2 tbsp caster sugar, level
- 1 tsp freshly milled black pepper
For the Ketchup
- 2 medium Bramley apples, peeled and chopped roughly
- 100 cider vinegar
- 100 g caster sugar
- Mix the salt, sugar and pepper really well, then sprinkle evenly over the pork chops, rub in gently, turn over and repeat the process, then leave for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn over and leave for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the apples into a little water and cook over a gentle heat until pulpy.
- Boil the vinegar and sugar until syrupy.
- Once the apples are cooked, place into a liquidiser and blitz until really smooth, then pour in the syrup, strain through a sieve.
- Wash off the sugar and salt from the chops, then pat really dry with a kitchen towel.
- Heat a frying pan, add a dash of oil, then gently cook the chops for 2-3 minutes on each side, remove from the stove, cover them loosely with foil and leave for 10 minutes, making sure the chops are just cooked, not overcooked.
- Serve with the ketchup.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket