- 4 slices multi seed bread
- 8 spicy pepperdew peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tsp English mustard powder, (level)
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil, (optional)
- 300 g coarsely grated mature Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the grill to the highest setting, and then toast the bread on one side
- Mix the chopped peppers with mustard powder and basil.
- Place the 4 slices of bread onto baking parchment, on a baking sheet, untoasted side up.
- Spread the pepper mix over the bread nice and evenly.
- Spread the cheese loosely over the peppers; if a little goes over the edge, no problems.
- Grill evenly until well bubbled and nicely browned.
- Remove from the grill and leave to cool for a couple of minutes, and cut into fingers.
- Serve warm with the soup.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket