Just think about this, an Englishman, specialising in British food in Italy, cooking risotto for Positano's mayor? It doesn't really fit, does it, but hey, I'm always up for a challenge.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 small glass dry white wine
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 250 g seafood, prepared and cut up into small pieces
- baby squid
- few clams and another white fish
- 150 g risotto rice
- 600 fish stock
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add the fish and cook lightly, then remove from the pan.
- Heat 2 more tbsp oil, add the onion and garlic and soften for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the white wine, tomato puree and evaporate.
- Gradually add the hot stock, in small amounts, until fully absorbed, do not overcook the rice.
- Once cooked, stir in the cooked fish, basil, olive oil, Parmesan warm through, cover for 3 minutes.
- Finally, season well.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket