- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin on
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 150 ml water
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 100 g frozen peas
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 14 seedless white grapes
- 125 ml double cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the drumsticks and brown well. Season with salt and pepper.
- When browned, remove the chicken from the pan, add the onion, and cook for a couple of minutes to brown slightly.
- Place the drumsticks back in the pan, add the water, wine, and stock cube, then bring to the boil and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. To test if cooked, carefully insert a knife into the thickest part of the meat, and if there is no trace of blood, they are cooked.
- Carefully lift out the drumsticks and keep them warm.
- Add the frozen peas, then boil the stock for a minute or two to thicken slightly.
- Add the cream and bring it back to a boil, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the grapes and the chicken and warm through.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket