- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 750 g piece boned rolled and skinned shoulder of pork
- 6 thick sausages, thick sausages
- 2 red onions, peeled and chopped into large pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 150 g semi dried apricots, cut into quarters
- 200 ml water or apple juice
- 2 pork or chicken stock cubes
- 425 g drained butter beans
- ½ tbsp paprika
- 2 medium Bramley apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 2 Conference pears, ripe, but not squashy
- Pre heat the oven to 180C gas 4.
- Place the casserole dish on the hob and add the oil.
- Once heated season the joint well and brown a little on all sides, then remove with tongs.
- Add the sausages and brown on both sides, remove and then add the onions, garlic and brown again.
- Once nicely browned, place the pork back in and the sausages around the outside.
- Add the apricots, water or juice, stock cubes, beans, paprika, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, place a tight-fitting lid on and pop into the oven for 50 minutes.
- At the 50 minute, mark remove from the oven, add the apples and pears, stir well, pop the lid back on and return to the oven for a further hour.
- When the pork has cooked for 1hr 45mims, check to see if it is cooked by inserting a small knife or skewer. It should be cooked and very soft.
- Remove the pork and sausages from the dish and stir the chunky vegetable, beans and fruit together. Season well.
- Slice the pork carefully and serve with the sausages and the stew over the meat.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket