- 1 glass of water
- 20 g chicken stock cubes, (2 x 10g)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and chopped into medium cubes
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 1 head spring greens, roughly chopped
- 50 g sultanas
- 1 kg chicken, giblets removed
- small bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 8 tbsp mayonnaise
- freshly milled black pepper
- 500 g potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes, then washed well
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the oven to 200 C gas 6.
- Place a deep, ovenproof pan on the stove and add the water and stock cubes. Bring to the boil.
- When boiling, add all the vegetables and sultanas and top with the chicken
- Place on a tight-fitting lid or foil, pop into the oven and cook for 1 hour 15 minutes. It may cook quicker.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the basil, add to the mayonnaise and mix really well. Add a little pepper, leave at room temperature.
- Next, trim the thick stalks from the broccoli and spit the stems slightly. Pack onto a large plate, then add a little water salt and cover with cling film. Make a couple of incisions.
- Place the potatoes into cold water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, simmer until half cooked. This will depend on the size of your potatoes. Drain well, then heat the olive oil and sauté the cooked spuds nice and gently until nicely browned and cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, carefully remove and place onto a roasting tray, turn the oven up to 220c and put the chicken back in for about ten minutes to crisp the skin slightly.
- Re-heat the vegetables and juices, and if you want, thicken with a few chicken granules. Don't go mad.
- Cut the chicken up, serve with spring veg stew, mayonnaise, broccoli and spuds.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket