- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped into 2cm chunks
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cooked and cut into 1/2cm pieces
- 8 leftover or cooked roast potatoes, cut into small chunks
- ½ medium cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 10 g chicken stock cube
- 300 g cooked Jersey Royal or baby new potatoes, cut roughly into 3cm cubes
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 140 g rocket
- 2 small Cox apples
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- squeeze of lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large non stick frying pan.
- Add the onions and cook for a few minutes to brown slightly.
- Next add the carrots, potatoes, cauliflower and continue to cook until they all take a little colour.
- Next, add the crumbled stock cube, water, cubed ham and a generous dash of pepper, then bring to the boil.
- Stir well and cook over a low heat covered with a tight fitting lid, for 20 minutes.
- When the vegetables are cooked, check the seasoning, adjust if needed, add a little butter, swirl and keep warm.
- Place the rocket, into a large bowl, then grate the apple on a course grater, skin on.
- Add the 2 tbsp olive oil and lemon juice, and mix well again, but do not crush the rocket.
- Serve the hash in deep bowls and top with a fried egg.
- Serve with the salad separately.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket