- 200 g unsalted butter
- 4 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp freshly grated mace
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 300 g cooked prawns, or a mixture of cooked prawns and cooked shrimps
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- zest and juice of a lemon
- 4 slices toasted brown bread, to serve
- Very slowly melt 175g butter in a pan, so it splits into curds and whey leave to settle. Spoon the white curds off the surface, then carefully pour the yellow butter into a large bowl and leave to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining butter in a small pan and then cook the shallots, garlic, and spices until soft. Remove from the pan and add to the bowl of butter and leave to cool to room temperature.
- Chop any large prawns. Mix with the shallot mixture, melted butter and lemon juice and zest, and season well.
- Spoon into serving bowls and chill in the fridge for about 4 hours or until set.
- Serve with brown toast.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket