If your having lamb, then the gravy has to be proper, made from the lamb bones; nothing else will do.
- 500 g lamb bones chopped roughly
- 2 carrots, chopped finely
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp flour
- lamb stock or cube
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly ground
- Roast the bones and vegetables together until well coloured, or roast around the joint
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add the flour and cook out slightly.
- Add the hot stock or cube and water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Taste, add season well.
- Strain through a fine sieve.
- Re boil and cover.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket