- 1.4 kg potatoes, roughly 4 large
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 100 ml semi-skimmed milk, roughly, depending on how soft you like your mash
- freshly milled black pepper
- 8 pork sausages
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small onions
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 350 ml water, approx
- 2 tbsp beef gravy granules
- Boil the potatoes, then drain well, mash with the butter and milk.
- Season with pepper and a minimal amount of salt.
- Preheat a grill, oven or frying pan and cook the sausages well.
- Meanwhile, place the oil into a saucepan and add the onions.
- Cook for about 10 minutes to soften and take a little colour.
- Add the vinegar and boil away completely, stirring all the time.
- Add the water and bring to a boil; once boiling, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then thicken with the granules.
- Place the mash on the plate, top with 2 sausages and spoon over the onion gravy.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket