Kedgeree is a marvellous dish and a great old English favourite. This is a twist on the classic recipe - simple and so tasty.
- 600 g Gluten-Free microwaveable plain boiled rice, (3 sachets x 200g)
- 115 g butter
- 225 g baby button mushrooms halved
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 450 g fresh white crab meat
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg beaten
- freshly milled black pepper
- Warm the rice in the microwave on High for 2 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick wok, then warm the rest in a separate pan. Add the mushrooms to the wok and cook for 2 - 3 minutes. Add the spring onions, crab meat and parsley and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- In a separate non-stick wok, heat the oil. Add the beaten egg and cook over a gentle heat, stirring constantly until the egg is scrambled.
- Add the warmed rice to the crab mixture and mix well. Then add the egg to the rice,
- Stir well and season. Finally, stir in the remaining melted butter and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket
Quick Crab and Mushroom Kedgeree
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.