Kedgeree is a marvellous dish and a great old English favourite. This is a twist on the classic recipe - simple and so tasty.
- 600 g Gluten-Free microwaveable plain boiled rice, (3 sachets x 200g)
- 115 g butter
- 225 g baby button mushrooms halved
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 450 g fresh white crab meat
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg beaten
- freshly milled black pepper
- Warm the rice in the microwave on High for 2 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick wok, then warm the rest in a separate pan. Add the mushrooms to the wok and cook for 2 - 3 minutes. Add the spring onions, crab meat and parsley and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- In a separate non-stick wok, heat the oil. Add the beaten egg and cook over a gentle heat, stirring constantly until the egg is scrambled.
- Add the warmed rice to the crab mixture and mix well. Then add the egg to the rice,
- Stir well and season. Finally, stir in the remaining melted butter and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket