A quick and tasty meal that's loads better than a takeaway.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 8 chestnut mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 x 250g packets microwave brown Basmati rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50 g baby leaf spinach approx
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 350 g frozen medium sized prawns, defrosted, cut into 2 or 3 pieces depending on size
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 4 tbsp any vinegar
- 4 tbsp Mirin (optional)
- Heat two tbsp of oil, add the onion and mushroom and cook for 3-4 minutes to soften and take a little colour over a high-ish heat.
- Reheat the packs of rice for 2 minutes, then crush the bags slightly to break up the rice.
- Once the onions are cooked, spoon out of the wok or frying pan, then heat the next 2 tbsp of oil.
- Once hot, pour in the beaten egg and stir very quickly, so the eggs cook and break up nicely. Cook until nice and dry.
- Add the spinach to the cooked egg, then the cooked onions and mushrooms warm, until the spinach wilts, season well with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat the last two tbsp of oil, add the prawns, cook over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the soy, ketchup, vinegar and mirin if using and cook until the prawns are just cooked through, probably a minute or so. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the egg rice into deep bowls and top with the prawns and sauce evenly and serve asap.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket