For the Base
- 500 g '00' flour
- 7 g yeast
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt, level
- 250 ml warm water, approx.
For the sauce and topping
- 500 g passata
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 red peppers, sauteed until soft
- 2 yellow peppers, sauteed until soft
- 2 green peppers, sauteed until soft
- 85 g tinned sweetcorn, drained
- 1 red onion, sliced and sauteed until soft or jarred sweet pickled beetroot
- Mix well until the mix leaves the side of the bowl. It needs to be fairly soft.
- Knead well, cover and chill for 24 or, better still, 48 hours.
- Once ready to cook, preheat the oven until it's as hot as possible.
- Remove the dough but do not knead, just fold in the edges and cut into 4- 6 pieces.
- Press and stretch out on a dusting of semolina until nice and thin.
- Add your toppings, and cook as quickly as possible.
- Thinly spread the ketchup and passata over the base of the pushed-out pizzas.
- Arrange the peppers, corn, beetroot or sliced red onion in a rainbow circle finishing with the beetroot in the centre.
- Sprinkle over a little grated mozzarella and cook in the hottest oven possible to blister nicely.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket