This is a real classic and reminds me of my childhood.
- 125 g milk chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 100 whipping cream
- 1 tbsp glucose syrup
- 12 trifle sponges
- 1 pint Bird’s instant custard
- 350 g white chocolate, chopped
- 200 g frozen raspberries
- 1 large can mandarins, drained really well
- 750 double cream lightly whipped with a little icing sugar and vanilla extract
- 150 g grated milk chocolate to sprinkle on top
- Melt the chocolate over a pan of gently simmering water. It is important to ensure that no water or steam gets into the chocolate. Or the chocolate will thicken rapidly and will spoil.
- Bring the cream and the glucose together to boil, leave to cool slightly, then whisk onto the melted chocolate.
- Then leave to cool at room temperature.
- Slice the trifle sponges in half and spread with the milk chocolate spread, then stick back together. Then chill well.
- Make up the custard to the maker's instructions, then add the white chocolate and mix well until melted.
- Cut the sponges into small cubes and place half in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Add half the mandarins and raspberries and cover with half the custard mix.
- Add the rest of the sponge, fruit and top with the rest of the custard.
- Chill really well. Best really overnight.
- Whip the double cream, icing sugar and vanilla together, do not overwhip.
- Pile into the set trifle.
- Sprinkle with plenty of grated chocolate and decorate with piped cream, more mandarins and raspberries.
- Dust well in icing sugar.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket