- 500 g beef mince
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 small onions, peeled & chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 200 g mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 3 tbsp brown sauce
- 2 Oxo cubes, crushed
- water to cover
- 5 large potatoes, peeled, chopped into 3cm chunks
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp cold water, mixed well together
- Heat the 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a shallow saucepan.
- Add the chopped onions, garlic and mushrooms. Cook over high heat for 10 minutes to get heat into the dish.
- Add the mince, break up well, and cook until it changes colour from red to fawn colour.
- Add the 2 Oxo cubes and brown sauce and mix really well.
- Add the potatoes and simmer gently for 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked and slightly falling apart. You can thicken with a bit of flour and water mixed together.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket