It's finally time to dust off the BBQ, remove the rain covers and get down to some good old summer cooking in the garden.
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 red onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp dried garlic powder
- 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 150 g semi dried cherries or cranberries
- 200 Ribena or Cassis
- 200 water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil, add the sliced onions and garlic powder, then cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, fruit, Ribena or Cassis and enough water to cover the onions.
- Simmer gently for 15 minutes with a lid on so the onions soften.
- Spoon about a third of the mix into a liquidiser, and blitz till smooth.
- Then mix back together season well with salt and pepper and vinegar.
- Use the glaze to paint on grilled sausages or meats 5-6 minutes before the end of grilling to glaze nicely, and then serve the rest of the onions as a relish.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket