Rhubarb Eton Mess is an alternative to the traditional Eton Mess, which replaces the traditional strawberries with delicious Spring Forced Rhubarb.
- 4 sticks rhubarb
- 2 tbsp any white sugar
- 4 meringue nests
- 300 double cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Chop 2 sticks rhubarb into 3cm pieces, then place into a small pan and cover with water and sugar.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for a couple of minutes until the rhubarb is cooked, but not falling apart.
- Once cooked strain and cool.
- Chop the rest of the rhubarb into ½ cm pieces and place into same pan you cooked the other rhubarb in, and just cover with the sugar syrup that is left over from the poaching earlier.
- Simmer this time until you have a puree, then cook and chill well along with the poached rhubarb pieces.
- When ready to serve, whip the cream lightly with the vanilla extract. Do not over whip you want soft peaks with a nice shine.
- Break up the meringue nests.
- Layer in glasses or tumblers the meringue with cream, poached and rhubarb sauce.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket