This pasta needs to be cooked while fresh because as it dries, it becomes brittle and shatters. It will roll out with a rolling pin but knead it well first. You could make it into noodles using a pasta machine or by hand.
- 160 g Gluten-Free fine white rice flour, plus extra for dusting
- 60 g Gluten-Free custard powder , (check, some are not)
- 20 g Gluten-Free cornflour, (check, some are not)
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp xanthan gum, (level)
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 2 medium egg yolks
- Put the rice flour, custard powder, cornflour, salt and xanthan gum into a food processor. Pulse for a few seconds to incorporate well. Add the oil, eggs and yolks along with 3 tablespoons of cold water, and pulse until you have a nice firm dough.
- Remove from the processor and knead on a lightly dusted surface to bring the dough together. Cover with cling film and chill for 10 minutes.
- Knead again for about 30 seconds, then roll out on a dusted work surface until the dough is nice and thin. Cut and shape as desired.
- Cook straight away in plenty of boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes. Strain the pasta well once cooked and rinse with a little boiling water. This removes any excess starch or rolling-out flour. If you don't, it can leave a gummy mouthfeel when eaten. The pasta can be dried for storage, but it is prone to shattering.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket