A rich and delightful alternative to a traditional pasta dish.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g venison mince
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 300 ml red wine or port
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 beef stock cube
- 400 g chopped tomatoes in juice
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 500 g pappardelle pasta
- Place the oil into a saucepan and heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 10 minutes to brown slightly.
- Add the mince and break up well.
- Cook until all the moisture has evaporated and the meat and veg start to brown well.
- Add the red wine and reduce right the way down until you only have about a ⅓ of the original volume.
- Next, add the oregano, tomato paste, stock cube, and tomatoes in juice and water and slowly cook for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Once cooked, thicken slightly with the cornflour and season well with salt and pepper.
- Serve spooned over warm pappardelle.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket