- 300 g risotto rice
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 small sprig of mint, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 800 mls boiling water, roughly
- 150 g fresh mozzarella
- 50 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 50 g butter
- Place the rice, stock cubes, onion, garlic, mint, salt, pepper and oil into a microwave-safe bowl, and mix well.
- Add a third of the boiling water and stir well.
- Cover and pierce a couple of times.
- Cook for 10 minutes (timings are based on an 800-watt microwave); keep an eye; you may need to break the rice up at, say, 5-6 minutes.
- Add another third of the boiling water, mix well and break up the rice. Re-cover and cook for a further 6 minutes.
- Stir again and add the broad beans and the last of the water. Re-cover and cook for a final 5-6 minutes, or until creamy and thick.
- Remove once cooked and stir well, then add the butter, mozzarella and parmesan cheese and lightly mix. Re-season, cover, and leave for 2-3 minutes; stir again.
- Serve drizzle with a bit of olive oil and a sprinkle of parmesan to taste.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket