Roast chicken is always a winner, but once you add lemon and mint, it takes it to a whole new level, delicious.
- 2 lemons, juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, very finely pasted
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly milled
- 1 kg chicken, roughly
For the glaze
- finely grated zest from the 2 lemons above
- 4 tbsp runny honey
- 5 tbsp any vinegar
For the sauce
- 6 tbsp thick sheep yoghurt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Using a sharp chopping knife, cut the backbone out of the chicken, by sliding the knife in the cavity and to one side of the spine. Press down sharply and cut through. Repeat the other side of the spine and remove completely.
- Open the chicken up and press flat, place on a baking tray. Mix the lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper together well
- Rub the marinade all over the chicken really well.
- Place the chicken onto a baking tray (skin side down and place it into the oven for 45 minutes.
- At the 45 minute mark, turn the chicken over. Paint over the glaze, return to the hot oven, and cook for a further 30-40 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the oven, cover with foil and leave for 30 minutes minimum to rest.
- Mix the yoghurt with the mint, cumin and paprika and serve with the chicken.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket