- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 350 g large flat mushrooms
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp oil
- 500 g cooked chicken thighs, including skin, chopped
- 150 g frozen peas
- 2 small carrots, cooked cut into small pieces
- 500 ml chicken gravy roughly, very thick
- 375 g ready rolled short pastry sheet
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Preheat the grill to the highest setting.
- Place the mushrooms on a tray, season well with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the oil and grill for 15 minutes, so the mushrooms take on a firmer texture. Cool, then slice.
- Heat the oil and add the onions and garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken, peas, carrots, mushrooms and mix well.
- Add enough gravy to bring the mixture together.
- Spoon into a 270cm x 6.5cm deep oval dish.
- Egg the top of the baking dish, then lay the pastry over, press down well and decorate the edge.
- Egg well, then make 2-3 slits in the top of the pastry.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, cool for 10 minutes, then cut and eat.
- Serve with pickled red cabbage.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket