- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 medium onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 large lemons, finely grated zest and juice
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C gas 6
- Place the chicken pieces and onions into a large bowl and mix well together well.
- Add to the bowl lemon juice (not the zest), oregano, olive oil, salt and pepper mix well.
- Leave for an hour or overnight is fine.
- Once marinated, mix place into a baking tray, roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until well browned and cooked through (I quite like the onions slightly charred at the edges)
- Once cooked, remove from the oven. Leave to cool for 15 minutes, add the lemon zest, mix well.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket