Elephant Garlic - roasted whole and then served on crusty baguettes, like a rustic garlic bread!
- 2 large Elephant garlic heads
- 6 medium cut slices sourdough bread
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly milled
- Preheat the oven to 220C Gas 7
- Slice the bottom of the garlic about 2 cm to reveal the open cloves
- Heat an ovenproof frying pan with 4 tbsp olive oil.
- Once hot, season the bottom of the garlic with salt and pepper, then place cut side down into the hot oil.
- Place the pan into the preheated oven and cook for 35-40 minutes
- Meanwhile, toast the sourdough slices and keep warm
- Check the garlic is cooked. It should be very soft and mushy and really well coloured
- Squeeze the garlic out onto the toast and spread evenly. Dot with a little unsalted butter and more salt and pepper, then serve
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket