- 600 g raw potatoes
- 8 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 200 g vac pac chestnuts
- 2 vegetable stock cubes (Gluten-Free), (2 x 10g)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 100 g Gluten-Free bread croutons
- Heat the oven to 220C gas 7
- Place the potatoes into a pan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer until really well cooked and almost falling apart; this is very important, drain very well.
- Heat the oil, add the potatoes once nice and sizzling, pop in the oven and cook until really, really crisp. The crisper, the better, in fact, overcook them. This is why you need to overcook, so you get lots of crunch and flavour.
- You can actually fry them until crisp if you want to.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp oil and cook the onions, leeks and garlic for 15 minutes to take a little colour.
- Once the potatoes are ready, add to the leeks and onions and really mix well.
- Cover with water and add the stock cubes and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the chestnuts and simmer for, say, 15 minutes until all the vegetables are cooked.
- Once cooked, gently break up with as masher but not too much.
- Re season add the parsley and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket