Roasted Cauliflower with Salsa Verde and Crispy Onions is a delicious and healthy dish perfect for any occasion. The roasted cauliflower is tender and flavourful, while the salsa verde adds a tangy and slightly spicy kick. The crispy onions on top provide a nice crunch and a touch of sweetness. It's a great vegetarian option that's easy to make and sure to impress!
- 1 large cauliflower
- 2 tbsp any oil
- pinch salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- 8 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 8 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp capers, drained, then chopped
- 2 tbsp gherkins, drained, then chopped
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard with Tarragon
- 200 ml extra virgin olive oil, roughly
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- pinch fried crispy onion flakes
- Preheat the oven to 220C gas 7.
- Cut the cauliflower green stems and all into six equal wedges.
- Place the cauliflower into a baking tray and season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the oil and really mix well, then roast in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until nicely coloured, then remove and leave to come to room temperature. Don’t be scared to overcook the cauli, as I like the flavour when well charred.
- Place all the ingredients apart from the oil into a food processor and blitz until you have a chunky puree.
- Add the oil gradually in a thin stream; you may need a little more.
- If needed, add a dash of water and leave for 30 minutes to infuse.
- Meanwhile, place the well-cooked cauli florets into a deep bowl, spoon over the Salsa Verde, and sprinkle with crispy froes and onion flakes.
- Serve with thin, crisp flatbreads such as Peter’s Yard
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket