- 800 g chickpeas, 2 x 400g cans, drained and dried
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 3 red peppers, seeded and cut into 2cm pieces
- 250 g sunblush tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 200 g Taleggio cheese, in small pieces
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200 g cooked orzo or similar small pasta, cold
- Pre heat the oven to 200C Gas 6.
- Toss the chickpeas in half the oil, add a little salt and pepper and roast until dried and with a little colour.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil and add the red onions, garlic and pepper pieces, sauté slowly, until soft and with a little colour.
- Mix the tomato paste and vinegar, add to the peppers when they are soft and cook for 1 minute.
- Layer up the jars with pepper mix, cooked oiled Orzo, cheese and then chickpeas, seasoning as you go.
- Chill well.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket