Gluten-free, quick and easy to make. Serve as a starter or as an accompaniment to grilled bread, meats or fish, nice with a bbq.
- 800 g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 410 g cannellini beans, rinsed and well drained
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- freshly milled black pepper
- 150 g Taleggio cheese, cut into small pieces
- 150 g jarred roasted red peppers, cut into thick strips
- 200 g sunblush tomatoes, cut into 2 or 3 pieces
- Preheat the oven to 220C gas 7.
- Toss the chickpeas and olive oil together, then add a little salt and pepper, mix well.
- Spoon into a baking tray, then roast in the hot oven for 15 -20 minutes to brown nicely. Stir occasionally
- Meanwhile, roughly puree the beans in a processor with 5 tbsp of olive oil, tomato puree, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. You may need to add a little more oil.
- Once the peas are cooked, spoon into a bowl and pour over the puree mixture, mix well and cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, add the cheese, peppers and tomatoes, mix carefully.
- Serve as a starter or as an accompaniment to grilled bread, meats or fish, nice with a bbq.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket