- 20 garlic cloves, skin on but the root just shaved off with a sharp knife
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly milled
- Preheat the oven to 220C Gas 7
- Place the garlic into a pan and cover with cold water and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to the boil, then immediately strain.
- Repeat twice more, then drain the cloves well on a kitchen towel
- Heat the oil add the cloves, and sauté for a few seconds, then pop in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the roasted garlic. Add the butter and finish on the hob until golden.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket