- 500 g small carrots
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- juice of 1 large lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly milled
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- Peel the carrots and top and tail.
- Split in half from top to tail, then cut into quarters.
- Heat the oil in a baking tin in a hot oven, 200 C, Gas 6-7, for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to a boil, add the carrots, bring back to the boil and simmer for 1 minute.
- Drain well, then carefully lay in the very hot oil season well with salt and pepper and return to the oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes, then carefully turn over and return to the oven for a further 30 minutes, until crispy on both sides.
- Pour on the honey, seeds and lemon juice over and cook for a further 5 minutes to glaze. They will burn very quickly. Keep an eye on them.
- Serve piping hot and golden brown.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket