- 1 kg parsnips, (6-8 medium)
- 115 g good beef dripping or goose fat
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly milled
- 2 tbsp clear heather honey
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Peel the parsnips and top and tail.
- Split in half from top to tail, then cut into quarters, leave the core in, leave nice and long.
- Heat the dripping or fat in a baking tin in a hot oven, 200C Gas 6 to 7 for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to a boil, add the parsnips, bring back to a boil and simmer for 1-minute maximum.
- Drain well, then carefully lay in the very hot dripping, season well with salt and pepper and return to the oven.
- Cook for 35 minutes, then carefully turn over and return to the oven for a further 30 minutes, until crispy on both sides.
- Pour on the honey, sprinkle over the cumin and cook for a further 5 minutes to glaze. They will burn very quickly; keep an eye on them.
- Serve piping hot and golden brown.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket