I like couscous if, and it's big if it's cooked properly. I was very lucky to make a film in Tunisia a couple of years ago. As you would expect, the couscous was spectacular, and it really made me think very carefully about seasoning and cooking. The secret is to add big flavours, season well, and always keep moist with stock, steam or oil.
- 220 g cous cous
- 400 ml strong vegetable or chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly milled
- 4 tbsp virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 large fresh lime
- 2 x 185g jars roasted peppers (Sacla) drained and roughly chopped
- Place the couscous into a bowl.
- Pour on the boiling stock, season well with salt and pepper, add the roughly chopped peppers, cover with cling film and leave 20 minutes.
- Then add the olive oil, fresh lime, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Once the grilled steaks are ready, add any juice that may be leftover once the meat has been rested.
- Serve with the grilled marinated lamb steaks, a blob of yoghurt can also be served.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket