This picnic loaf is packed with sweet roasted vegetables, mozzarella and fresh herbs to make a delicious addition to a picnic, or serve in slices at home.
- 1 large cottage loaf
- 180 g red pesto, jar
- 200 g Moroccan style houmous, tub
- 150 g roasted red and yellow peppers, jarred
- 150 g Parma ham
- 2 beef tomatoes, sliced, not too thinly
- 4 large Buffalo Mozzarella
- 6 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 6 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heated oven 200C gas 6.
- Slice the mozzarella into 4 thick slices.
- Cut the loaf into 4 slices horizontally.
- Lay each slice onto a chopping board.
- Spoon over the pesto and houmous evenly on the sliced bread, then season each slice with salt and pepper.
- On the large base slice of bread lay half the peppers and tomatoes, spread over a little pesto.
- Lay the next slice of bread on top, press down and lay over the Parma ham/Chorizo and half the mozzarella, then add a little more pesto.
- Lay the next slice of bread on top, add the rest of the tomatoes and peppers, spread over a little more pesto.
- Top with the final crust.
- Place the loaf onto a very large piece of foil and wrap the loaf totally.
- Wrap in a second large piece of foil and squeeze nice and tightly.
- Place onto a baking tray and pop into the oven.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, press nice and tightly. Again be quite brutal here. The more you press, the better the chilled loaf will cut the next day.
- Cool and chill well, best overnight.
- The next day, remove it from the fridge and take it on your picnic.
- Open and slice to order. It's as easy as that.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket