- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, very finely chopped
- 180 g risotto rice
- 100 medium white wine (optional)
- 800 ml well flavoured vegetable stock, approx
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 50 g butter
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400 g can flageolet beans, drained
- 500 g well roasted pumpkin, free of skin and seeds (about 1 kg fresh), cut into 1cm pieces, or thereabouts
- 1 small pumpkin to serve the risotto in (for 4 persons) or 4 small ones, hollowed out
- Heat the oil and add the onion and soften for a minute or two. Then add the garlic and mix well.
- Add the rice and coat in the oil and onion mixture well.
- Add the white wine and reduce till almost gone, then add a couple of ladles of stock and bring to the boil.
- Stir constantly at the initial stage, turn down the heat slightly, then add the sage.
- Keep adding hot stock until the rice is cooked and creamy but not overcooked. There should be a slight bite when eaten, but not raw.
- Add the drained flageolet beans and stir in well.
- Add pumpkin, butter and cheese. Mix through, season well with salt and pepper.
- Cover and leave for 2-3 minutes to rest.
- Serve in hollowed out warm pumpkins or in deep bowls with a few Parmesan shards or crisps.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket