- 800 g salmon fillet, (4 x 200g) skin on
For the Seasoning
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp salt
- 480 g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp of the spice mix above
- 410 g cannellini or haricot beans, rinsed and well drained
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly milled black pepper
- 150 g jarred mixed roasted red peppers, cut into thick strips
- 200 g sunblush tomatoes, cut into 2 or 3 pieces
- 4 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- natural thick Greek yoghurt, if possible
- Preheat the oven to 220C gas 7.
- Toss the chickpeas and olive oil together well, then add the spice and mix well.
- Spoon into a baking tray, then roast in the hot oven for 15 -20 minutes to brown nicely. Stir occasionally, do not burn.
- Meanwhile, roughly puree the beans with the 5 tbsp of olive oil, tomato puree, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. You may need to add a little more oil.
- Once the peas are cooked, spoon into a bowl and pour over the puree mixture, mix well and cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, add the peppers and tomatoes mix well but carefully.
- Finally add the parsley and reseason.
- Place a non-stick frying pan on the stove, add 2-3 tbsp oil, and heat gently.
- Season the salmon well with the rest of the spice mix, not on the skin, though.
- Once the oil is heated, sit the salmon skin side down in the pan and cook until the fish starts to turn opaque under the skin.
- Transfer to the oven for 3 minutes (the fish will still be slightly undercooked on top.
- Remove from the oven and turn each piece of salmon over then leave for 2-3 minutes.
- THE FISH MUST BE UNDERCOOKED
- Spoon the salad into a bowl and top with the salmon.
- Serve with a little thick yoghurt.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket