- 100 g red onions
- 350 g deseeded yellow, red and orange peppers
- 100 g courgettes
- 1 small carrot, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, left whole and unpeeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1 pinch freshly milled black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220C / Gas mark 7.
- Cut the prepared vegetables into chunks of a similar size so that they cook evenly. Spread all the vegetables out in a large roasting dish, then add the garlic cloves. Drizzle over the olive oil and turn the vegetables to coat all over.
- Roast for about 40-50 minutes until the veg are tender (but not too soft) and beginning to colour at the edges. Turn the vegetables over halfway through the cooking time and let the steam out of the oven.
- Remove the dish from the oven and season with black pepper. Carefully (as it will be hot) squeeze the roasted garlic from its skin and mix the pulp into the roasted vegetables. Stir in the basil and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket